Tired of seeing your nails not growing past your fingertips? Tired of unhealthy and thin nails that keep on breaking every now and then? Do you crave for those long and strong nails as the stars on the television screen? If any of the answers to any of these questions is yes, then it is time that along with your manicure sessions, you know yourself how to grow your nails long and strong. It requires some basic discipline and focuses from your end and you will end up having those shiny and long nails that will make your hand look even more beautiful.
A Detailed Note On How To Grow Your Nails Long And Strong
File them to get them even: As a natural trend, nails will tend to grow unevenly and that is the reason they break most of the time. To get rid of uneven nails, you should be filing them every now and then. It should be a good idea to keep a file handy so that anytime you notice any unevenness in your nails you may simply file it to make it even.
Biting kills: When you are trying to find out how to grow your nails long and strong you are not aware that you have a habit that is destroying your nails without doing anything. Biting nails is a habit that is found in almost all people around. This stops the nails from growing and also makes them look ugly. If you cannot get rid of this annoying habit, get hold of some bitter-tasting nail polish and apply them on your nails.
Treat your nails as per their type: Along with knowing about how to grow your nails long and strong, you should also know what type of nails you have so that you may apply the right treatment to the nails. Commonly there are five types of nails, which are normal, dry, brittle, damaged, and soft.
- For normal nails, there is hardly anything to be done.
- If your nails are dry in nature, you need to apply olive oil to the nails and the cuticle and massage the same.
- If your nails are brittle in nature, this would point that they are too stiff, and only applying moisture should help the issue. You may use hand moisturizers to keep the moisture levels of the nails at par.
- If you have a damaged nail, then we have something to worry about. Damaged nails are the one that gets cracked, split and they hardly grow. So how to grow your nails long and strong which are damaged in nature? You need to visit the dermatologist and get them treated properly.
- Soft nails are just the opposite of brittle nails as they are soft because the nails are too much moistened. Try to keep your hand dry as much as possible. Wearing a glove may be a good idea.
Apart from the above things, there are some general tips to tell you how to grow your nails long and strong. These would include drinking a lot of water, applying double coats of nail polish so that the moisture does not run away, etc.